The new availability of a comprehensive Tivoli-based zOS performance suite is big news for mainframe service management. The software, which was released on Sept. 5, is a single orderable product that helps manage IBM zEnterprise performance and availability. IBM has geared several of the suite’s features directly to SMEs, most notably the deep-dive analysis capabilities, which are enabled for the entire zOS platform and middleware.
A good way to describe Tivoli OMEGAMON is to call it a highly integrated solution for sharing information between the different management groups within an organization to help increase effectiveness, better meet Service Level Agreements and reduce costs through efficiency.
The OMEGAMON Performance Management Suite contains the following component-products:
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON Dashboard Edition on z/OS V5.3.0 (new)
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/OS V5.3.0 (new)
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Mainframe Networks V5.1.1
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Storage on z/OS V5.3.0 (new)
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS on z/OS V5.3.0 (new)
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert on z/OS V5.2.0
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for IMS on z/OS V5.1.0
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging for z/OS V7.3.0
- IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Web Resources V7.1.0
If your enterprise already owns any of the above components, you can upgrade to the performance suite.
The suite also contains Tivoli Monitoring Agent, which provides visibility into the zEnterprise hybrid infrastructure including hardware resources, hypervisors, virtual servers, virtual networks, and workload resource groups that span heterogeneous platforms as defined by IBM zEnterprise Unified Resource Manager. The Agent offers proactive monitoring of zEnterprise workload resource groups to help them meet the service level objectives you’ve defined for the enterprise.
TxMQ is an IBM Premier Partner and can assist you with software purchases and deployments. Contact TxMQ president Chuck Fried for an immediate and confidential consultation: (716) 636-0070 x222, mailto:[email protected].