As of September 30, 2013 IBM will be discontinuing WebSphere Application Server V6.1 support for the following products:
- WebSphere Application Server V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server Express V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server for Developers V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 for Novell SLES
- WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 for AIX
- IBM HTTP Server for WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 on Novell SLES
- IBM HTTP Server for WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 on AIX
- IBM WebSphere Application Server for System i Version 6.1.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server for z/OS Version 6.1
IBM Software WebSphere related support lifecycle Dates
To view the details of all IBM software Support lifecycles, click here.
|WebSphere Version||Start of Service||EOS|
|WebSphere Application Server 8.0.x||22-Jul-2011|
|WebSphere Application Server 7.0.x||17-Oct-2008|
|WebSphere Application Server 6.1.x||30-Jun-2006||30-Sep-2013|
*Note: WebSphere typically maintains a version for around 5-6yrs. If you are running WebSphere V7, it is not too early to start planning for Migration to V8.
Schedule Your Migration Today
Don’t get caught without WebSphere Application Server V6.1 support. It’s time to upgrade your application environment and migrate to WebSphere Application Server V8, and it’s never to early to plan ahead for a V7 migration as well.
Call 716-636-0070 to schedule a scoping call with one of TxMQ’s consultants to help you with your migration project. Your needs are going to be individual depending on your current versions and applications. While your company may upgrade to version 8, it may be necessary for you to run version 6.1 concurrently until all applications have been updated
A certified TxMQ subject matter expert can help you determine the best solution for your migration needs.
Here are some basic migration questions you can be prepared to answer for your TxMQ consultant when you’re beginning the upgrade process.
- What WebSphere software is installed?
- Is the WebSphere in homogenous or heterogeneous environment(s)?
- What JDK are you currently using?
- Is your JDK compatible with WAS V8? (WAS V6.1 runs on JDK1.5 and WAS V8 requires JDK 1.6)
- Are you running secured or unsecured?
- What is your JEE deployment process?
- Do you use JACL or Jython for WebSphere administration?
- Have you configured a WebSphere V7 or V8 sandbox environment?
WebSphere Application Server V8 was released in June of 2011. It is a Java EE compliant application server with an integrated OSGI applications support.
Here’s what’s new in WebSphere Application Server V8.
*Note: In some cases, a migration to WAS V7 may be a viable option depending on the size of the migration.
Call 716-636-0070 (29) or email email@example.com if you’re interested in speaking with a subject matter expert regarding your WAS V8 migration.