Working with a recruiter
Working with a recruiter is no different than working with an HR manager at your target company, except that we represent many companies across multiple industries. We are paid by our clients to find the best possible talent to fit certain positions. That being said, we are always excited to add new talent to our database and find out more about our candidates’ needs. Send us your resume today.
There are several things you will need as a job seeker when working with a recruiting agency like TxMQ.
- References – Most employers will not hire candidates without a reference check. If you don’t have a list of professional references compiled, start working on one immediately.
- Background Check – TxMQ, along with most companies, will conduct thorough background evaluations of all of our candidates. These comply with all applicable federal, state, (and in Canada, provincial), laws.
- Additional Contact Info – If you’re going to be away for an extended period of time, let us know so we can make a note in our systems. Without prior notice of your absence, we may assume you have lost interest in a position and move on to another candidate.
- Trust – Working with a recruiter involves building a trusting relationship. Therefore, we highly recommend you only work with one recruiting agency. If another agency is duplicating our efforts, you may be submitted more than once for the same position, which is highly counter-productive.
- Early Engagement – The earlier you can contact a recruiter in your job search efforts, the better. If you contact a recruiter late in your search and you’ve already applied to multiple companies, our options may be limited.
We want to help you succeed in your job search. Download a free pdf of a sample resume today to study and format your own resume.