Dec 7, 2011
I love when I get to make my point by referencing a credible source!
For those of you who don’t know about me, let me catch you up! While I do often blog about general employment issues, I am an Engineering Recruiter with a special place in my heart for the technically inclined of the world! I don’t discriminate – I LOVE ALL ENGINEERS; Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Aerospace, Nuclear. You name the discipline; I LOVE IT.
So – recently I stumbled across an article in AOL Jobs to further validate my case for loving the world’s engineers:
You can read little spoonful of sugar here: TEN HIGHEST PAYING DEGREES
For those of you who enjoy Cliff’s Notes versions (in which case I have to inform that my blog does not come in Cliff’s Notes) – the article cites the top 10 highest paying degrees for 2011. 8 of 10 are ENGINEERING RELATED DEGREES!
1. Petroleum Engineering – AVG salary $155,000
2. Chemical Engineering – AVG salary $109,000
3. Electrical Engineer – AVG salary $103,000
4. Materials Science / Engineering – AVG salary $103,000
5. Aerospace Engineering – AVG salary $102,000
6. Computer Engineering (see TxMQ IT placement) – AVG salary $101,000
7. Physics (engineering related field) – AVG salary $101,000
8. Applied Mathematics (engineering related field) – AVG salary $98,600
9. Computer Science (see TxMQ IT placement) – AVG salary $97,900
10. Nuclear Engineering – AVG salary $97,800
My point has been made. Those of you who think that America is moving towards a total service-based economy may need to fire your fact-checkers! Engineers are here to stay in all fields!
If you’re interested in any of our engineering job opportunities email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manufacturing Engineer X2
- Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Project Engineer
- Process Controls Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Forging Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Applications Engineer X3
- Sr. Mechanical Design Project Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Product Manager
- Continuous Improvement Specialist
- VP Sales
- VP Marketing
- CNC Programmer
- Solidworks Drafter